Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day, You Rev My Engine!!!!

I spent sometime searching for a love poem that could reflect the relationship we have, but nothing seems to fully capture it in its full glory. I do not think most poets could capture in words the feeling of lovingly hating someone. There are many many things that are wrong with our marriage, but the few threads that bond us together are strong. I wish I could give you the world, but as you can see the world is full of hatred, back stabbing and pain.


Love is all I have to offer. Love that is here to protect you when the jealousy infused hatred of those would try to pull you down. Love that is here to watch over you to insure that no one takes advantage of you. Love that is here to comfort you when the world is too rough. It is not much but it is all of me.
My Love, for as much time as we have spent apart, I have never felt closer to anyone. When we met, the thing that really attracted me to you was not your curves, it was your soul. Within an hour of meeting you I felt comfortable in being comfortable around you. You let me be me, and it takes someone special to do that! I could not ask for a better wife, I could not ask for a better friend. I know life is only going to get harder in the future, but I hope our love is able to endure to the end. Ride with me.
To My Smart, Beautiful and Lovely Wife.
Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog